User Interface 95%
- One main advantage of open-source technologies such as Linux is the wide range of options available to users and the increased security.
- Security is the other main advantage. Several whitehat hackers have contributed to the overall security of Linux, and by making the source available to anyone, security experts can help identify any main security flaws in the operating system.
- You don’t need to spend time and money to obtain licenses since Linux and much of its software come with the GNU General Public License.
- Linux doesn’t need to be rebooted periodically to maintain performance levels. It doesn’t freeze up or slow down over time due to memory leaks and such.
- One main issue with Linux is drivers.This means that some of your hardware might not be compatible with Linux if you decide to switch.
- Linux is, for new users at least, not as easy to use as Windows. That’s largely because Linux gives you more control, but does mean you’ll have to spend some time getting used to the way it works.